Construction of NIGERDOCK II - shipbuilding yard
located on Snake Island in Lagos, Nigeria
The construction of NIGERDOCK II Shipyard on Snake Island in Lagos, Nigeria, was performed by Navimor International on the basis
of an Agreement signed between Federal Ministry of Transport of Nigeria and Navimor International.
According to the terms of the Agreement, Navimor International was carrying out all the works connected
with the construction of the new NIGERDOCK II shipbuilding yard, starting from soil investigation and
technological concepts of production process, through preliminary and final design and execution
of all works connected, up to commissioning of the Shipyard on a turn-key basis.
The scope of works performed by Navimor International comprised the following main topics:
- Construction and delivery of Multifunctional Floating Dock 1800/3000T, with crane 3/5t/23/14m, fully equipped for autonomous operation.
- Construction, delivery and assembly of Workshop Complex with trestles, with all workshop equipment necessary foe shipbuilding ond off-shore constructions mounted inside.
- Construction of Off-shore Construction Area, with delivery of lighting masts and delivery of a custom desgned sled system enabling loading od heavy constructions onto pontoons.
- Construction of Off-shore Quay with 2 mobile crane stands, together with dreging along the quay to the required depth.
- Construction of mooring jetty and Dock Jetty with double rails to Ship Assemby Workshop
- Construction of Office and Social Building, extension of housing estate for management and staff of the new shipyard
- Complete electric installation with generating sets fully covering the power needs of the shipyard.
- Construction and delivery of overhead travelling cranes, jib cranes, mobile and crowler cranes.
- Construction and delivery of custom designed transport carriages enabling quick and troublefree transport of materials and equipment between bays of the workshops.
- Complete network of telecomunication as well as delivery of complete oxygen producing plant
The main part of the NIGERDOCK II shipyard, the Multifuncional Floating Dock and steel construction of the Complex of Workshops, were manufactured by Navimor International in Poland.
Also, most of the materials and equipment was delivered from Poland from widely acknowledged suppliers and producers, with main stress laid on quality and reliability.
Floating Dock for NIGERDOCK II:
- The Multifunctional Floating Dock was constructed in Poland in a department specialized in the construction of floating docks.
- The Dock with lifting capacity of 3000/1800 tons is equipped with the most modern and up-to-date machineries. The dock has is own electric power system, making it enteirly independent from shore supply for all docking operations.
- The overall length of the dock being 110meters and width between the sides 19 meters allows lifting of all kinds of vessels up to 3000 tons, that is up to 6000 DWT.
Off-shore Construction Area:
The Off-shore construction area allows to build structures, oil rigs up to 4,000 tons, SPM buoys. The Off-shore Area
is equipped with 60 tons capacity mobile cranes and 150 tons crawler crane for handling even the heaviest construction pieces.
The 13,000 sq. meters Off-shore construction Area has a two layer pavement made of crushed aggregate, laid on
mechanically consolidated subsoil stabilized with Tensar geomesh. Moving the fabricated construction onto barges
is performed by a custom designed sled system allowing trouble-free movement of constructions up to 4,000 tons.